Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fort Printers: My Lil Hideaway


The last long weekend that came around in September saw me trying to wrestle my way into an overcrowded train to Galle to start a weekend of discovery around the charming fort and town.

It is really surprising. It seems that no matter what the time, the train down to Galle from the Fort Railway Station is ALWAYS packed.

Deciding however there were no chances of me getting a seat, and an almost definite possibility of being groped, I gave up the idea of the train, and opted for making the journey through an intercity bus.

Sure it’s not as picturesque or roomy as the train journey… but at least I was comfortable – Oxygen and personal space are such vital elements to enjoying a trip.

So there I was, enjoying the random silliness one encounters on Sri Lankan roads, munching on roasted cashews and humming along to my music, as I settled in for the 3 hour journey.

I was really looking forward to this trip – it was truly a much needed getaway, plus I was excited about visiting Galle – a town I have only ever briefly visited and was keen to explore the areas around the Fort.

To read more: Click Here

Pix By Manuel Zublena

No comments:

Post a Comment